domingo, 15 de março de 2009

1786-2009

1 de Novembro de 1786. Goethe escreve: “Finalmente cheguei à capital do Mundo!”.
Extasiado, debruça-se sobre a janela do quarto da Via del Corso e continua, mentalmente, a sua “Viagem em Itália”. Wilhelm Tischbein imortaliza o momento.



I am now in a state of clarity and calm such as I had not now for a long time. My habit of looking at and accepting things as they are without pretension is standing me in good steed and makes me secretly very happy. Each day brings me some new great pleasure, and a whole city that the imagination will never encompass, however long one thinks and dreams. (...)

Waterpipes, baths, theatres, amphitheaters, the stadium, temples! And then the palaces of the Kaisers, the graves of the Great - with these images I have fed and strengthened my soul. (...)

These masterpieces of man were brought forth in obedience as the same laws as the masterpieces of Nature. Before them, all that is arbitrary and imaginary collapsed: there is necessity, there is God.


Em 2009, no nº 18 da Via del Corso, sigo os passos de Goethe e tento reconstruir a cena. Esta imagem só eu a guardo.

1 comentário:

  1. Obrigada por partilhares connosco as tuas emoções, as tuas pequenas estórias que, certamente, te irão marcar e as tuas novas aprendizagens.
    Tudo aqui respira emoção e sensibilidade. Tu sentes, eu sinto.

    :)

    ResponderEliminar